What to expect in our Karate Self Defense classes:
1. A friendly welcome and introduction to our dojo and karate class. No intimidation here!
2. Notice how everyone seems to enjoy being with the other members. They even seem to have fun!
3. Wear loose clothing or a karate gi/uniform. If you already have a white gi/uniform wear it.
4. No worries about getting hurt or intimidated by more advanced or aggressive students. We cooperate rather than compete so we learn effective street self defense applications quicker.
5. We remember how unsure, and nervous our first day was in karate class. We will try to make you as comfortable as possible. You will be challenged trying to do the same movements as the more advanced students.
6. In our Dojo we practice with bare feet on a wooden floor. Cut your nails before class!
7. Avoid trying to impress others with your high kicks or other techniques that may injure yourself. We focus on getting better little by little with each class, and slowly getting in better shape, rather than doing it all at once.
8. Everyone signs a liability waiver similar to that used in all sports, recreational activities, and knitting classes.
9. No hard sales pitch or arm twisting to convince you to sign a contract because:
10. No contracts! You pay monthly as you train.
11. No equipment fees, or other hidden fees..